Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Year Blues

I feel like I have been neglecting the blog lately.

I know I have been neglecting my knitting.

I have come to the conclusion that I get "New Years' Blues" in regard to knitting.  Every January, I seem to lose all desire and motivation to knit.  I feel burned out, over it. I have to set it all aside for a little while as casting on new projects doesn't help; nor does finishing anything. The love is just gone.

Fortunately, that feeling never seems to last. It's February now- and the New Years' Blues are over. I am wanting to knit again, which is a really really good thing as I have gotten rather behind on my deadlines with this whole not knitting thing.

I've cast on a new purse project- which I must confess is not the least bit helpful to my deadlines.  I decided  that all my deadline knitting required too much concentration to be in my purse for the waiting times. So I cast on a simple pair of socks. Okay, only one is on the needles at the moment, but it will eventually be a pair.
I have 1 skein of Pinto Pony color and 2 skeins of Trail Mix color of Panda Cotton.  I'm making up the pattern as I go along. I have a pretty good idea of what I intend- but that may change halfway along. It's going to be pretty plain vanilla for the most part, though. And at the moment, I have no intention of writing a pattern for it. That might change too, but for right now knitting for the sake of knitting and not for designing patterns is something that is really appealing to me.

I currently have 4 patterns that are sitting as notes in my design book that I need to grade and write. I am intentionally putting it off.  It's bad.  I have every desire to knit- and no desire to write patterns. I am expecting that to change eventually too, as I seem to be a rather changeable type of being- but at the moment..... Really, I just want to knit crazy things, simple things, new designs- and not keep track of how I did it.

I'm thinking it would be awesome to have a tech editor.

No comments: