Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF

Thank God It's Friday!!!! Wow. The last 3 weeks have been positively crazy. I'm not entirely sure why; but I feel like I've been through a whirlwind! Joel came home from Canada (the week he was gone was just wild); and we had a very busy week. I got to get my teeth cleaned for the first time in 8 years (terrible, I know, but when you don't have a lot of money, the root canal and crown come before the cleaning!!)--thank the Lord for big companies with Dental Benefits!! :-)
Joel and I had our 8 years Anniversary on Tuesday the 2nd. It wasn't really very exciting. We got to see each other for all of 30 minutes. (Tuesdays are busy.....) But! We have reservations for 2 nights at a B&B in Astoria the end of the month for our anniversary "honeymoon" (Thank you, Grandma, for babysitting- we love you!); and we are really looking forward to that!!!!!!!! Just a couple extra !!!!! so you can see how excited we are ;-) Then Joel's parents came to town last Thursday (the 4th) b/c Wednesday (the 10th) was my SIL's baby's due date. Well, we are all still waiting. Babies just don't arrive on other people's schedules very often! ;-) We are very excited about this baby.......
So we have been having wonderful times with the family- oh, and Joel's on call this week as well, which makes it extra hairy, since he gets paged in the middle of the night- frequently- and we are exhausted.
And........*drum roll, please* tomorrow is ES's Birthday!! He will be 5. And he is so excited, he can hardly think! :-) So fun. We are having a wee party in the AM- and hopefully some time with family in the PM. Although- it is the Knit and Crochet Show this weekend- I might have to skip out for an hour or 2 of "mama time". ;-) We'll see.
Knitting news? Well, I am rolling through the LotR sock designs again. With a brief 2 day hiatus to make some Over The Knee stockings for an upcoming baby. (No, I don't know which one- I know of 3 imminent births, so I am just trying to be prepared!!!!) Sorry, no pics today.

No comments: