Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It gives me shivers....

To see my designs knit by other people! Today I had a treat- seeing someone else's blog post about one of my designs! I've been designing for a few years now, but only very recently for the public. Most of my designs have been knit for family, and the patterns are not reproducible b/c I design "on the knit". But in the last year or two, I've started really getting into knitwear design. (Much thanks in that quarter to TheUniqueSheep, who has given me the opportunity to design for them!! That's the only reason my name has been getting out into the knitting world so far.)

Anyway, it was really cool (overused word, but can't think of a better right now...) to read someone else's opinion about one of my designs, and see what she's done with it. I love it. I am so excited to see more!!
Another reason I love Ravelry. I'm also getting to watch sock club members work up the other LotR designs- oooh, I'm getting shivers!!

1 comment:

Fran said...

That's awesome! It would give me the shivers, too. That's so exciting.