Monday, March 15, 2010

Round 2 of the Lord of the stRings Sock Club

I am horribly late with this post- these socks went out to club members in February. (Sorry, been busy around here!)

One Ring
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
JRR Tolkien Lord of the Rings


There is a lot of imagery in this sock. The One Ring attached to the other Rings of Power. (Count 'em- 3, 7 & 9) as well as the symbolic colors used.

I loved designing this sock. I love the cuff not being traditional ribbing- I love the way the colors flow. And I'm a big fan of afterthought heels, so this was a great design for me.

I hope you like it too....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't started working on it yet, but I do love it. I've loved all of your designs that you have done for that club. Very, very cool. You should be so proud of your work.

Agata said...

Pretty amazing design! I would like to see that heal from close. On a picture it looks like something I was trying to achieve unsuccessfully for a while.

Unknown said...

Oh! I love the design! And I also love that colorway it looks so unique!

bunnits said...

Those are really cool socks. I love the pattern and the colors.