Saturday, August 7, 2010

On this date....

One year ago, I was smack in the middle of the biggest sock knitting event ever! You know, I have to admit, I would have missed the anniversary completely if The Yarn Harlot hadn't posted about it. (blushing here) But really, you must admit, I have a lot of other things to take my mind off of anniversaries:


Back to the sock knitting event- surely you've heard of The Sock Summit by now! One year ago, was the first ever Sock Summit- and the first time I ever taught knitting to more than one person at a time. There are so many memories! Here's just a few before I must dash off to put Babybug to bed:





I got to meet The Unique Sheep ladies! Laura and Kelly whom I've been loving working with for the last 3 years. The kids had so much fun with Laura (she stayed with us), and still talk about her a year later. :D





Some of the biggest names in knitting gathered in one place- answering questions. That was a learning experience of a lifetime! :D Plus taking a class from Stephanie which made my knitting much faster. Very very handy now that my knitting time is so limited!




The most knitters ever knitting in one place at the same time. What a great experience! Never to be entirely duplicated- although next year, we get to have the fun all over again. It'll be different because one can never really repeat the very first time- but it's guaranteed to be a wonderful time! Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo glad you met Laura and Kelly because then you teamed up for the LOTR sock club, which was just AWESOME. Loved your patterns for that. Thought they were beautiful.