Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

About 12 years ago, I was talking to my Dad about my fiance'. My Dad gave me some very good advice. He said, "You don't need to ask yourself whether or not you want to spend the rest of your life with this man; you need to ask yourself, 'Do I want this man to be the father of my children?'."  So very true.

Thank you so much, Daddy, for all the amazing wisdom you have shared with me over the years. I am so incredibly blessed to have you for my father- and for my children's Grandpa.

I am also incredibly blessed for my children to have the father they have.

How wonderful it is to be surrounded by godly men that take their responsibilities seriously, and care for their families.  My Dad, my Father-in-law, my husband- what a legacy they are giving to my children. In a time when strong families are becoming rare, I am surrounded by men that know what it is to be a real man. To stand up for what is right, to keep working when it is hard, to give with no reward immediately returned.

Thank you to the men in my life. Happy Father's Day! I love you.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That takes talent to mow the lawn with a kiddo on your shoulders! You are truly blessed to have the kind of men in your life that you do! I am lucky to have my husband who is a Godly man as well. Great post!