Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Week

This is Thanksgiving week! Yay! I love Thanksgiving. I love gathering with the people that I love, and with new people, and celebrating all the blessings we have. And we have a lot of blessings!

Not the least of which right now is my health. I am feeling better than I have in years. Healing is a process, and I have a long way to go- but I am so excited about the progress that has already been made.

It is absolutely amazing how the body works together. How one thing being off affects every other aspect of the body. Things you don't expect- like the gut affecting the muscles. One of the benefits I am finding already is that my carpal tunnel problems are gone. Just gone. My arms used to ache- from my fingertips to my elbows- all the time. It was getting hard to open jars. Knitting actually hurt at times. But now- nothing! I peeled squash and beets for almost 2 hrs yesterday and normally, it would have been absolutely painful. It wasn't. My muscles got tired, but there was no pain!  And it's not like I've done anything consciously to help my arms. I just realized one day last week that the pain was gone!  Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for!!!

The kids are excited to only have 3 days of school this week. I am looking forward to the long weekend too. :)
We get to have family at our house all weekend, and I have the energy to enjoy them. :) God is good.

I hope your Thanksgiving week is full of joy and thankfulness too.

No comments: