Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall

Well, Fall is here. It is beautiful! I had to change my Title Picture to show the right season. ;-)
A few weeks ago, the kids were playing outside; and came running in to tell me that they could see a fire. So of course I ran outside to see what they were talking about. They were looking through the trees at another tree whose leaves had turned a bright fire red. When I told them what it was, they laughed so hard they almost fell over. It was great. And what a pretty picture of the bright red through the green! Sometimes, all you can say is "Wow, God! You make beauty."

I am finally working on the Entrelac Socks by Eunny Jang. It is going better than I had hoped- but at the same time, I am a bit disappointed in the yarn I am using. It is acrylic- not that I mind- but it is a bit of a rough acrylic. I think it will be fine when it is knit- but all this knitting for The Unique Sheep has spoiled me. I am getting very particular about what I knit with!!
So I am taking pictures of my progress with this sock, as I find it very interesting (I should say these socks, as I am actually making 2 this time). So when I get the film developed, you'll get to see a play-by-play.

I did actually finish MIL's coat, but haven't had time to write the pattern- homeschooling etc, taking a lot of time right now. Sorry, will try to get that up before November.

I am also working on another pair of socks of my own design for a Christmas present. It was originally for my Dad, but I discovered 4" into it, that I didn't allow enough room for the cable, and they are too small for him. So I could frog them and make them bigger, but I REALLY don't want to. So I am going to finish them, post the pattern here for you, and give them to another member of my family for Christmas that I know they will fit! And make a different pair for Dad. I was kind of wondering anyway, at 2" into these socks, why I was putting so much effort into a lovely cable for socks that will be worn in boots at all times--- well, now they won't, and I'll do a pattern more appropriate to boot-wearing for Dad. ;-)

Happy Fall! Enjoy the cooler weather!

No comments: