Thursday, January 15, 2009

Here we go again!

It's a new year! I can't believe we're halfway through January already.
It's turning out to be an odd year in knitting for me. Usually by this time I'm at least halfway through the first Christmas present of the year. Not this time! So far this year, I have knit a scarf for Joel, and socks for me. Finally, a pair of socks for me!! I've been making socks for other people for 2 or 3 years now; I wanted to find out why they like them so much! I begin to understand. If you don't have a pair of handknit socks, I can't explain it to you. Sorry.

Now I'm working on a sweater for Joel. I hope to have it done in time for his birthday. This is a design that's been burning around my head for over a year, so I am very excited to finally be putting it into reality. Unfortunately, b/c it is an original design, I won't be able to show any pictures of it--- I want to submit it when it's complete.

I'm also working on the last pair of Panda Cotton socks for my MIL. These I'm designing "on the knit". I'll try to take good notes, but they may not be reproducible- in which case pictures will appear....

As well as all this, I'm still designing socks for The Unique Sheep- and I now have 2 more designs in the works. I'm beginning to think that Christmas knits for the family won't happen this year b/c of all the designing!! I know it's early to be thinking of Christmas gifts, but when you knit them all- you have to think of it way in advance, or you won't get any sleep the last 2 months before!!

Oh yes, and I will be teaching a class at the Sock Summit 2009 in August! So I will be knitting samples for that as well! Yeah, Christmas gifts may be sparse this year......

No comments: