Friday, March 20, 2009

Date Night

Last night, Joel and I got to go out for a date! It was so fun! I realized last week when planning for our date, that it was the first date we've had since our anniversary last September. Way too long. Going to try to not let that one happen again! Thanks to my great sister for making it possible by babysitting (baby?? kid-sitting, sorry) for us. The kids had fun, Joel and I had fun- and I think my sister did too...... Win, win!

Anyway, our date. A couple months ago we got some coupons in the mail for some restaurants in Portland. This has happened once before and we were able to use it and really enjoyed it. This time, there were 3 coupons; so we decided to go to all 3 restaurants, and make a real night of it.
The first place we went was Stanfords. (They have the yummiest shrimp appetizer I think I've ever had!) We spent about an hour talking there, then went on.
Next up was the Portland City Grill . It was a bit different for us. They asked Joel to take his hat off in the dining room. I don't think we've ever had that happen before! It was wild to be up so high- but I didn't notice it as much as I thought I would. Maybe b/c it was dark outside- well, it was dark inside too. Their mood lighting is very minimal. Nice, but not entirely my style. Great for a date, though! After an hour there, (and 2 more yummy appetizers), we went to restaurant #3.
Newport Bay By this time, we weren't even close to hungry, but we knew we wouldn't get out again for a while, so we decided to go anyway. We brought most of the food home, but definitely enjoyed our last hour of conversation.

It was such a fun night!! I'd never gone restaurant hopping before, and had a great time. 'Course the best part about it was spending time with my wonderful husband. Sometimes it amazes me that after 8 1/2 years of marriage- plus the time we knew each other before we got married, I never run out of things to talk to him about. That may not seem odd to anyone else, but for someone who has a hard time with normal chit-chat, it occasionally strikes me as great. :-) I am so looking forward to the rest of my life with this man. :-D

Knitting? ummm, not much right now. Look for the next installment of the LotR club in April....

No comments: