Monday, October 1, 2012

Jesus Loves Me...

This I know,
For the Bible tells me so
Little Ones to Him belong,
They are weak
But He is Strong.

How good God is. All the time.

But sometimes we notice it more than other times.



Today, I went for a bike ride. We needed groceries, and Joel's bike had a basket on the back of it, so I went for a bike ride to get some groceries.
I stayed mainly on the neighborhood roads. I really dislike riding a bike on the main streets.

The line at the grocery store was long, and it took a long time to get checked out. It is Fall, and it gets darker faster than I am used to.

On the way home, at the last turn off the last main street into my neighborhood,
I got hit by a car.
No, actually, the BIKE got hit by a car. The front tire. Which is now folded at a 45 degree angle.

Now, let me tell you how I know Jesus loves me.

The driver's windows were open, he didn't see me until he hit me, but he heard me yell, so he saw me faster than he otherwise would have.  There was no other traffic on the 5-lane road we were on for quite a ways- so the cars had time to see what happened and stop so I could get myself, my bike, and my groceries out of the road. My groceries, I might add, that were undamaged except for the sweet potato that broke in half. The milk did not spill at all.

I'm alright. I have some mild sprains and some bumps and bruises, but I'm fine, really. No hospital visit, no blood, no ripped ACL's (which is amazing, considering how many times they've already been replaced).  The only real damage was to the bike- which Joel got for free anyway. I'm sad  he's out a bike and we can't do family bike rides now- but I'm not sure he'll let me back on a bike for awhile anyway....

Jesus loves me.

Last night, I was somewhat lamenting the fact that I don't meet very many people in situations where I can share Jesus with them.  Well, leave it to me to find some dramatic way to fix that.  I hope to see the driver at church some Sunday. Jesus loves him too.

No comments: