Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Free-- a good 4-letter word

We are getting a free piano. I am so amazed at what we get for free sometimes. Really, one doesn't need to spend a lot of money to furnish their house--unless you have a really specific color plan or something like that. ;) We have been fortunate lately to have gotten 2 free couches (thank you Freecyle!) and Joel was able to pay for a large, solid oak roll-top desk with 2 days of work! (I can't remember if I posted this before, but I have wanted a roll-top since I was a skinny wee girl. So this was very exciting!) Now, someone at Joel's job is offering us a free piano! Really, we shouldn't take it-- we don't have any more room in our small (1000sqft) home---but I have wanted a piano for a long time too; and the kids (at least the older 2) are at an age I would really like them to have lessons. So for now, it will go in our garage (which is full of Joel's work-out stuff and tools, and mold which he has no time to clean up). I am hoping to get it out of there quickly, before anything bad happens to it. For sure I will have to find a better place for it before the Fall rains bring the mold battle back. But for now, it will be in the garage, and we will try to talk Grandma into lessons whenever we get to see her. :-)

2 comments:

Knittingmama said...

How wonderful to get a piano for FREE! It's also great that you have someone who could give them lessons for free (I'm assuming). You have been having a very good week. :-)

bunnits said...

That is an awesome photo that you have at the top of your blog. It reminds me of the waterfall at Falls Creek Falls State Park in TN.
Congratulations on the piano. What good luck!