Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home Again

It is true: there is no place like home. I am so glad to be back!! We had a good time, and it was a nice break; but there just is nothing like your own home.
We got to the Grandparent's at 1:30am Friday. Of course my daughter woke up with the sun as usual, so sleep was a bit scarce that day. We got to go to the parade in town---the kid's first parade! They were so excited! They couldn't believe it when they had candy thrown at them. "You mean we can just go pick up all the candy we see and keep it and eat it!!!!!!!??" We came away with a plastic shopping bag half full. Yes, half full. We have enough candy to last us until next year, thank you!
Then we went back to the Grandparent's so YS and Mama could try to get some sleep. The kids played baseball in the yard with Grandpa, picked up the pears that fell off the tree, watched a movie, and had a lovely weekend.
Joel did some handyman work around for his folks and got to spend some time chatting with his Grandma. Yes, his Grandma. The kid's Great-Grandma. She'll be 91 this month. :-)
I had a fairly relaxing weekend. Which was good, b/c I just now feel recovered from the through-the-night driving. ;) I didn't have to cook, I didn't have to clean-much, and I got to enjoy the family. I even got some good knitting time in!! I have been completing quite a few small projects lately, but the pictures are all on 35mm film- so you have to wait until I get it developed. I am working on some more designs for the Unique Sheep, as well as some designs for family gifts. I am hoping to submit some of the family designs to Knitty or to some magazine, so I won't be able to show you new designs, but only patterns followed.
I am hoping to introduce to you some of the Unique Sheep designs in the very near future. More about that another time. :-)

2 comments:

Jena said...

I love that picture in your banner!!!

I left you a message on Ravelry, but in case you don't get on right away, here it is:

Hi! Sorry I am just now answering your question!!

Yes, I love Barbara Walkers Treasuries, but no charts. I like her historical and technical commentary and the simple organization. But charts would make it better. I don't know anything about the other book you mentioned, so I can't compare. If you get a BW treasury, I'd get a used hardback copy because they'd lay flat when open--not sure how the paperback does in that area.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

He he! My three year old had his mind blown at the parade with the candy throwing here too! He kept looking at me like, "I can pick this up off the ground and EAT IT?!?!? Too funny! Found you through Ravelry....