Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

1)I've been working on this pretty Fair Isle sock design for one of the books. I think I'm gonna like it when I finally get it complete. I better like it. I've worked on it for a week, and I only have a toe to show for it. That would be because I completed it, looked at it, thought about it, and started from the beginning. Frogged. All the way. The stitch pattern was great, but the construction and other details need some further attention. Fortunately, I like colorwork- and especially with this yarn.

2)I can be a bit clueless sometimes. I really like Malabrigo yarn, but I had no idea where it was made. It was a pleasant surprise when I recieved some yarn from them to read the return address. I must say it is the first time I've ever had a package from Uruguay.

3)I have this thing about saving the best for last. I like to savor good things. When I was a little girl, I would eat the food on my plate in a very specific order- from my least favorite to my favorite. I discovered that this was a problem, because my Dad would come through the house and grab a snack on his way by...sometimes off my plate. And inevitably, because it was still on my plate, he would get what I had wanted the most to eat! But for some reason, this never stopped me from saving what I considered to be the best to be enjoyed last.

4)Yesterday, I went to the bank. (yippee, right?) I handed the teller some money. And I walked out of the bank with Joel's van completely and totally paid off. No more payments. (note here- we actually hadn't had the loan long enough to pay more than the down-payment) This after using almost every penny in our account to pay for repairs to my van.

Sometimes, all you can do is just Praise the Lord. He always provides for us. This is just one of the many examples of His provision in our lives. By the blessing of God through the Body of Christ, we are provided for yet again. Thank you. You know who you are.

No comments: