Tuesday, July 19, 2011

At Long Last

I am releasing a pattern that is somewhat special to me.

This is the very first design I ever submitted anywhere.

It was accepted, but the publishing company went out of business, and the book was never published. So I had the design, the sample, the pattern, and nowhere for it. I did submit it to other places, but it is a very specific design, and I at least like to think that it wasn't accepted just because it didn't fit with the rest of the patterns in the current edition of the publications it was submitted to.

I suppose I could try again, but at this point, I think I will just release it via here and Ravelry.

The Lacy Little Evening Skirt:





This is a straight skirt with revealing fishnet lace panels down the side of each leg. A slit in the back allows ease of movement and a flash of leg. The sheen of the yarn keeps the stockinette stitch surrounding the lace from being plain. The yarn drapes beautifully showing off those curves. Knit in the round from the bottom-up, with figure flattering shaping, this skirt is designed to fit just above the hips.
The pattern is written for a short version, but you can easily add to it and make it longer. In black or red, this is the perfect addition to your evening wardrobe.
Or make it in blue or the silver shown and use it for every day use. This is an extremely versatile skirt.

Pattern available for $5.00


I have to confess here that this design idea (as so many of my patterns are) was originally an idea of my husband's. He is very good at coming up with the ideas for me to execute. I think we make a good team. :D


No comments: