Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

This is my favorite time of year by far. I confess I like Thanksgiving better than Christmas. Somehow, the whole gift giving thing is stressful for me. Maybe it's because I never feel like I can knit fast enough- and then I worry if the person will like their gift, or just say so, or maybe even not say so.

But Thanksgiving-

Thanksgiving is about being together.  It's about celebrating what you have (not planning what you want).  It's about gratitude, family, love, and counting your blessings.   Somehow, it's hard not to be content and joyful when you are counting your blessings.

I love it.

This year, if the weather is cooperative (and it looks like it will be), we will have a total of 6 kids and 9 adults in our cozy home tomorrow. They'll start coming today. I am so excited.

Tomorrow, we will feast and talk and watch the kids play and share what we are thankful for this year. We do it every year. It's my favorite part. There are those things we are always thankful for- but each year also adds its own blessings.

This year, I am thankful for health. My family is healthy- and I am healthier than I have been in years.
I am thankful for my husband's job- he has work that he enjoys and it provides enough that I get to be with my children all day.
I am thankful for our warm home, our vans that work, the good food that fills our bellies....
I am thankful most of all for my family. They fill my days with adventure and my heart with joy. I am blessed beyond measure.

Happy Thanksgiving- from our family to yours.
What are your special blessings this year?

No comments: