Saturday, November 19, 2011

Today

Today, I took a wild trip down memory lane.

 Today, I tried on a dress that I wore once- 11+ years ago.

 Today, I got to remember one of the happiest days of my entire life.

Today, I spent over half an hour ironing a dress that I haven't worn in 11+ years, and apparently will be completely unable to ever wear again.

 Today I realized that 11 years and 4 kids changes ones body in rather unexpected ways.

 Today, I am thankful for every minute of those 11+ body-changing years and the 4 miracles that helped change not only my body, but my entire life- for the better.

 Today, my daughter said she wants to wear my wedding dress someday.

 Today, as I am every day, I am completely and utterly blessed.

 I am thankful for today.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

This brought a tear to my eye! I think it is a wonderful blessing to have your daughter wear your wedding dress someday!

Karen said...

Laurel. You made me cry.

Andrea said...

Thanks for this post. I know I wouldn't fit in my dress after nearly 10 years and two kids, but I wouldn't trade them either! I only hope Moira wants to wear my dress (her grandmother's dress) some day.