Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Techical difficulties

So I promised I would post the pattern for the wedding present washcloths. I have been trying to do so for the last 3 days. I am a chart person--and this being a small project, I didn't write out the instructions, I just charted the entire cloth. It looks great---but I can't get the chart to load into the blog. It just isn't working! I am so not with the technical stuff. I'm not a computer geek--I'm a knitter!! It's different.

I have completed the washcloths- both of the set. I am going to keep trying to learn how to get the chart up here, but in the meantime, if you want the pattern, you'll have to contact me. I have the comments on moderation, so nothing gets posted unless I approve it. You can put your email address in the comments, I will get it- delete the comment and email you the Excel charts for the wedding present washcloths. Your email stays private, and you get the free pattern. Good all round?? Or you can wait the umpteen months it will take me to teach this "old dog new tricks" and get it posted on my blog. I have to learn to do this, I will want to post other things in the future.

Now that we're done with all that.....
I am frantically working on the Celtic Icon sweater by Fiona Ellis. It's on US size 4 needles, so I am forcing myself to finish by working on one section, then doing an "instant gratification" project, then working on the size 4 needles again. It is working pretty well. I actually begin to understand why designers design sweaters with seams. On such little needles, it would be really hard to make myself stick to a seamless knit!! This way, it's easy to justify setting it aside for a bit and actually completing a project on big needles. And let me tell you, after a section of a sweater on size 4's, size 8's seem huge!! Anyway, Fiona is going to be in town this Friday, and I talked DH into letting me go to Twisted with a friend. I am very excited!! But I confess, I hope I'm not still working on the Left Front of her sweater by then! I have a baby shower I need to have something for in 10 days, and I have to get clicking on that--as soon as I finish this left front!! :-D

No comments: