Monday, March 5, 2012

The First Monday of March

Last night, it finally sunk into my brain that it is March. I'm not sure why it was such a revelation to me, but apparently it was.  Maybe it was the knowledge that I really do need to get busy on teaching the kids about gardening.

This year, I'm starting Daisy on a new curriculum that will go alongside her regular schooling. The boys will be involved too- but on a somewhat limited basis. The curriculum is called Training Our Daughters to be Keepers at Home. It's really just a curriculum for teaching my daughter all the things I wish I'd known before I left home.

Things like gardening (which, I have to admit, my mom tried to teach me, but between my allergies and my obsession with animals, I didn't care to learn. Thanks for trying anyway, Mom.), budgeting, caring for infants and the elderly, cooking, baking, quilting, and lots more.

This year, we're starting gardening, sewing, knitting, and cooking/baking lunches. And all of a sudden, it's time to really turn our attention to the gardening!  Hopefully, we'll get some dirt in the garden boxes in the next couple weeks. ;)

Yesterday, the sun was shining and it was absolutely a perfect, beautiful, almost Spring day. The sky stayed clear all afternoon and evening. It was so clear and lovely, the kids were able to see a close-up of the moon. It was amazing.

I'm not sure Roo actually saw what the rest of us were looking at, but he enjoyed being a part of it. :)

To report on the Rose City Yarn Crawl, things didn't go as I had hoped- but for a good reason. Joel wound up having to work on Friday (yay!), so I didn't get out until Saturday. On Saturday, I only had time for one store, as Joel got some work that day too (double yay!).

So I made the most of my limited time and went to Close Knit, which is a lovely little store with very friendly people. I got my very first skeins of MadelineTosh yarn- and I am very much looking forward to trying it out. I've heard a lot of good things about this yarn, so have very high expectations.
Colorways, Saffron and Thyme.

I haven't decided yet just what to turn this lovely yarn into, any ideas? Socks? Gloves? Hat? Cowl? I can't decide yet, so it's sitting in a basket next to my chair waiting for it to talk to me some more.

Have you used MadTosh before? Your opinions?

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi!!

Aww look at Roo in his little red boots. So adorable!

Your Madeline Tosh yarn is gorgeous!!