Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Getting There...

We haven't been using the whole house yet. There is an upper level that will eventually be Parent Space. Well, probably mostly my space, as it will contain my massage table and sewing machine- but there will be room for Joel's stuff too.  But we wanted to do a bit of work on it before we got all moved in.

Not that we really had to, but we wanted to. When Joel pulled the carpet (which had to be done because of my allergies) he decided he did want to refinish the floors because there were some splintery spots.  This is what we started with:


This is what my floors look like upstairs now:


And the stairs- from the top:
Didn't he do a great job?! I absolutely love the look. The color is so pretty!

While he's been doing that, I've been doing my own work.

On the living room. This is a contrast shot, so you can see the difference between what it was and what it is now. The lighter color is what I put on.

This is the end result- contrast color walls on either side of the chimney, the other 3 walls a light beige:
To tie in the contrasting color- I put some on the back wall of the built-in storage alcove on the wall opposite the fireplace. And it just looks all homey now that I have some books on it too.
What is it about unpacking the books that makes a house turn into a home?

Now that I'm done with my painting in the living room, and Joel is done with the floors, I get to turn my attention to my room. Tomorrow, more painting. Hopefully this weekend, I can start moving the unpacked boxes to the upstairs and get them unpacked too!

1 comment:

charity said...

Oh my goodness! I am so jelly. Covet covet!!! I want my own space LOL. Seriously though, I am so happy for you guys getting this house. It's perfect for you all and your living closer too.