Not that we really had to, but we wanted to. When Joel pulled the carpet (which had to be done because of my allergies) he decided he did want to refinish the floors because there were some splintery spots. This is what we started with:
This is what my floors look like upstairs now:
And the stairs- from the top:
While he's been doing that, I've been doing my own work.
On the living room. This is a contrast shot, so you can see the difference between what it was and what it is now. The lighter color is what I put on.
This is the end result- contrast color walls on either side of the chimney, the other 3 walls a light beige:
Now that I'm done with my painting in the living room, and Joel is done with the floors, I get to turn my attention to my room. Tomorrow, more painting. Hopefully this weekend, I can start moving the unpacked boxes to the upstairs and get them unpacked too!